Monday 5 March 2012

Thoughts on teaching

When I came to Karunai Illam I thought I would be a good teacher, I felt confident after  having taught people tai chi and Piano that there would be no problems.
However there is a great skill to teaching! (of course) and small children require a very different approach to my previous experience with adults.
So my attempts to take classes at the dhan karunai school left me sweating and the children bored and probably a bit frustrated. However I think I helped a few students at Karunai Illam (the older age group!) with their grammar classes and pronunciation.
I would call on all people who are even slightly interested in going to Karunai Illam if you have some teaching experience or other skill you think could be contributed, it is such a great place with so many lovely people.

No comments:

Post a Comment